Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / It is all fake. / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

It is all fake. (28)

Posted: 06/01/2004 12:05:47 AM

Reply Quoted  

If you guys really need a portal solution where you have the forum, articles, xml news feeds, blog, user management, commenting on posts and many more out of the box check out http://www.drupal.org This is an open source system which means completely free. I have been using it for several projects and it is the best I have used so far. I tried Nuke-based systems and they are so hard to modify and messy code. Drupal is so flexible and there is tons of useful modules you can add to the system, like events module, image module, WEBLINK module, and more.

Check it out if you are tired of waiting for in-portal.

Oh by the way you can make your portal search engine friendly as easy as selecting a radiobutton.

I think I sounded like I am marketing Drupal but I do not care, I wanted to share with you guys. For now I am not using it for my directory but I would appreciate if someone can port IN-link to Drupal and share it with me too. i am not that much into PHP. thats another reason why I preferred Drupal because you dont have to tweek the code for the most part.

Regards.

Here is some examples you can check out if you want to see it in action:
http://www.alafranga.com (non-english)
http://www.powershotblog.com

Posted: 06/25/2004 12:51:35 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi and thanks for the portal project link you gave. I'm actually tryin' Mambo OpenSource that seems quite a nice product. However lacks a few functionalities needed in my site. Let's say that one of the most needed part is actually a web directory component to let me switch from InLink to whatever else powerful enough.

Would you please tell me if there's any chance to have something like InLink in Drupal and if there are chances to import InLink data and users there? I could not find any infos about it.

Thanks,
Fred aka MrDisaster

Posted: 08/10/2004 8:34:28 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello all,

I'm glad I read through the support forums before buying the In-Link product. It looks very impressive on the surface, but when I found the rare replies from Intechnic came from customer service people who are apparantly offshore, I became suspicious.

Sure enough, it turns out there is a promised protal project (the reason I was interested in In-Link) that has been apparantly abandoned since 2002.

For anyone who is suspicious (and who wouldn't be), it's easy enough to contact the Illinois attorney general's office or BBB Online.

I don't doubt that Intechnic is a "real" provider of a legitimate product (In-Link2), and I think some of the claims about swindlers, etc. are way out of line. When you type something like In-Link into Google, you get a ton of sites that are using the product. As an Intechnic rep asked in another discussion, "Has anyone paid anything for In-Portal?" There is no swindling going on. It looks more like a couple of young enterpreneurs with a great vision who got in way over their heads.

If and when In-Portal comes out, I'll give it a look. My guess is that if it were in active Beta development, someone would have come forward to say so -- other than the two Intechnic posters who have been responding to all the hostile messages.

To their credit, they've hung in there. If there really is an active development project underway, in time they'll be vindicated. The most they can be accused of is loose lips, and their othewise great product is the ship that got sunk because of it -- at least where this potential buyer is concerned.

Best of luck, Intechnic

Posted: 08/11/2004 8:26:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

I believe that In-Portal exists and someone at InTechnic's Labs are still working on this product. Unfortunately I believe that they found it so big it took them much more of the time they planned. As a beta tester I am sure I'm playin' and I played quite a bit with it to confirm you that the product exists and it's growing.

The only thing I still don't appreciate (and never will) of all what happened with InPortal since nowadays is that the group never gave nobody many hints on what was goin' on, neither to the Beta Testers. As a communication professional myself, I can hardly justify and appreciate their approach: keeping informed and satisfied the ones who loyally believe in your work and will probably feed you is an important task (the payin' users); same thing to the Beta team that is supposed to be informed of the developement status to be addressed in the "bug hunt".

I still wait for a downloadable version to test myself and, of-course, for the 1.0 final release. I just hope that the things happened here will be of some teaching for everybody.

Cu Soon,
Fred aka Mr. Disaster

Posted: 08/16/2004 5:34:08 PM

Reply Quoted  

I have read all this and I feel I got a good deal when I purchased the software. It has served me well.

Here is my only concern. When I bought it years ago, the seller made it sound like a new "in-portal" would be launched any day or at least month.

Part of the reason I bought it was because I thought in-portal would follow and that would allow me to develop my site into so much more. I ws also told I would upgrade for free.

You guys would be better off to just come out and say what is obvious.

"We are all on to bigger and better things. Don't hold your breath for in-portal unless you want to pay us to work on it."

Posted: 09/08/2004 1:14:13 AM

Reply Quoted  

We all got F***ED!

Posted: 10/07/2004 1:16:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

So, folks.... If the guys from Intechnic Corporation decided to come out and say "We are dropping the development of In-Portal and have no intent to release it in the future".... what would you guys think of this?

I've been with (following and beta-testing and developing mods) for In-Link since before version 1. I've followed all of the comments about In-Portal.

I'm just curious what all of you who've paid for In-Link feel if they decided to make such an announcement. Obviously there is nothing you could do (but yell and scream), but what would your thoughts be?

Posted: 10/07/2004 4:33:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:3bc095a268="AbelaJohnB"]So, folks.... If the guys from Intechnic Corporation decided to come out and say "We are dropping the development of In-Portal and have no intent to release it in the future".... what would you guys think of this?

I've been with (following and beta-testing and developing mods) for In-Link since before version 1. I've followed all of the comments about In-Portal.

I'm just curious what all of you who've paid for In-Link feel if they decided to make such an announcement. Obviously there is nothing you could do (but yell and scream), but what would your thoughts be?[/quote:3bc095a268]

Hello Brother John!

Good to see ya still lurk here and there on this forum.

Well I am one of the original users of In-link and a beta tester and if they came out and said that then there would be a finality to it all.

At the moment In-Portal is somewhere between Alice in Wonderland and Once a upon a time there was In-Portal and the story has no ending and Alice is looking for it as she travels through Wonderland. The story only has a begining with no middle or ending, very sad indeed...

I have been working with a group of developers who started with a CMS and now have the following modules as plug-ins;

Here is the full list:

Events Calendar
Ecards
File Download
Picture Gallery
Videos
Links Directory
Latest News
Newsletter Subscription
Product Catalogue (no shopping cart)
Site Search & Site Map
Survey
Paid Members Area
Articles
Newsletters
Members
And currently being built:
ECommerce
FAQ
Advanced Forms

Addons are available to some of the modules to provide XML feeds of your data. Currently available for News, Articles and Calendars – will add others on request. Custom add-on modules can be built if you need something different.

Now it appears all this has been done over 12 months so the question is, why has it taken Intechnic well over three years to come up with nothing that anyone can see but a few say it exists.

NOTE

The link section is not up to scratch and is in a basic form but seeing I am asking about it the developers are rethinking their time table on this module which was originally 2005. They are more than happy to equal In-link and what it does. Should I say more :-)

Bless ya heaps brother.

Page:     1 2 3